“A man who trims himself to suit everybody will soon whittle himself away.”
I’m Heather, and what you see is just exactly what you get. I’m a multi-instrumentalist who has been playing and performing music for nearly my entire life. As the great Louis Armstrong is quoted as having said,
All music is folk music; I ain’t never heard no horse sing a song!
I like that. It fits, and fits me well, because I can’t stand pigeon-holing myself in a genre, just like I can’t stand limiting myself to just one instrument (at last count, I can play nine different instruments, though I find myself reaching for my guitar or ukulele more often than not). My musical preferences are eclectic, and that comes out in what I write. About the only constant is, it’s honest. No gimmickry, no smoke and mirrors. I just play music because it speaks the words in my soul.
The rest of the time, I keep myself out of trouble by helping my husband run the family farm, writing another short story, or pursuing a myriad of interests within the SCA, embroidery, guns, or motorcycles. All to the tune of that next song I haven’t quite written down yet…
Welcome to my musical life.
High-resolution photos suitable for print.
- Color with ukulele #1
- Color with ukulele #2
- Color with black acoustic guitar #1
- Color with black acoustic guitar #2
- Black and White with pale acoustic guitar
- Color with electric guitar
About the Site
- heather-stearns.com was purchased in October 2011, but has been around in various incarnations since May 13th, 2007.
- The content of this website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution — Noncommercial — No Derivative Works 3.0 license unless otherwise stated.